• December 5, 2021 at 5:18 pm #45961
    Chris OsborneChris Osborne
    Participant

Hi all, i’m trying to recreate a bassline from the classic trance track “Transtar” by Transa. It comes in at 1:10. I’ve tried to recreate it but haven’t even come close to getting that organic “growling” sound. It sounds like filter cutoff is being manipulated as the bassline is playing. Can anyone provide some pointers on this one? Cheers.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by Chris Osborne.
      • This topic was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by Joe Hanley. Reason: Embed YT Vid
      December 10, 2021 at 9:58 am #46053
      Joe HanleyJoe Hanley
      Keymaster

Can we hear what you’ve got so far? Post a sample here, and let us know how you made it, and I can suggest some changes.

December 14, 2021 at 5:14 pm #46099
        Participant

Hi Joe thanks for replying. I’ve attached a sample MP3 as well as a screenshot of the settings I used in Primer. To be honest it doesn’t even sound close to my ear but it’s the best I could come up with after a lot of trial and error. Any tips would be much appreciated!

Attachments:
          December 15, 2021 at 10:49 am #46121
          Joe HanleyJoe Hanley
          Keymaster

Try these tweaks:

1. Set Osc 1 to Saw, Mix all the way to Osc 1 so we don’t hear Osc 2, and change the Sub to Pulse and reduce it’s volume.

2. Bring the Cutoff down to maybe the mid-point. Then bring down the Filter Envelope Sustain to 0, set the Decay to a pretty fast pace (and the Release to match), and turn up the Filter Env Amt until you get fairly quick “ow” shape on each note. Then turn up the Res to make that filter envelope movement squelch.

February 1, 2022 at 6:55 pm #47007
            Participant

Hi Joe thank you very much for your detailed reply and apologies for my late response. I will have a tinker with the settings you suggest. Thanks again!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags