• November 26, 2018 at 10:16 pm #22014
    Kirill KaplunKirill Kaplun
    Participant

Hi,

looking for a quick advice on how to achieve this bassline, would like to learn, not to copy.

Thank you.

November 27, 2018 at 11:36 am #22029
      Joe HanleyJoe Hanley
      Keymaster

Ooh, this one’s tricky.

Here’s the link for others: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx-8ZD8u4ns

I think it may be 3 separate basslines. You can really hear it around 1:01 when the filter opens up a bit.

I’d say they’re all saw waves, with varying filter settings.

The Bass on the left seems simple enough. A decent amount of resonance, repeating two notes.

I hear a real round subby one in the middle just bending up and down in pitch. Probably a simple Triangle LFO modulating pitch at 1/2 rate.

And then another bass in the middle, brighter, with a pitch envelope making the pitch drop at the end of the note.

That’s where I’d start. But I think this one will require some experimentation.

November 27, 2018 at 8:01 pm #22052
        Kirill KaplunKirill Kaplun
        Participant

Ooh, this one’s tricky.

Here’s the link for others: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx-8ZD8u4ns

I think it may be 3 separate basslines. You can really hear it around 1:01 when the filter opens up a bit.

I’d say they’re all saw waves, with varying filter settings.

The Bass on the left seems simple enough. A decent amount of resonance, repeating two notes.

I hear a real round subby one in the middle just bending up and down in pitch. Probably a simple Triangle LFO modulating pitch at 1/2 rate.

And then another bass in the middle, brighter, with a pitch envelope making the pitch drop at the end of the note.

That’s where I’d start. But I think this one will require some experimentation.

Thank you Joe, and thank you for this wonderful software, so glad I found it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.