January 31, 2019 at 10:51 am #23633
Juri DjatsenkoJuri Djatsenko
Participant

Hi, Joe, Thank you so much for your help!
    It starts to sound much more similar after your guidance. I really neglected decay part of the envelope that actually was absolutely necessary for resonating character of the sound. I put valhalla plate steel on it to give it more bright metallic sound ,I am still struggling to give it more bright nasal snap character like the original. I guess I will need to play with it in my next remixes and see how I can make it work in the entire mix. It will probably depend on the chords character too.

Any advice on the bass and lead sounds from the same loop?
    Do you suggest making a single bass patch with the sub or separate bass and sub patches? What waves do you suggest using as the sine wave sounds just too mellow and does not give this clean tonal impact as in that loop and the rest are already too grungy and dirty. When I am trying to make a single patch the sub feels arriving too late to keep up with fast and snappy go ahead movement and when I am making 2 different patches phasing seems to thin the whole bass out. Also, any advice on the amp envelope so that the whole bass patch sounds agile and snappy.

Thank you very much for your help!
    Yuri